No attorney can offer an accurate damage/recovery estimate without knowing all of the details in your case. Most times the full extent of injuries are not diagnosed for weeks and only after extensive medical diagnostic testing. We are experienced attorneys who have knowledge about the insurance companies and can request coverage information and investigate the solvency of the person/entity that caused you harm. The more severe your injuries the more compensation you might expect to receive in a personal injury claim. The payment you deserve includes the costs of your past and current medical treatment, lost income from not being able to work due to your injuries and any property damage that may have been inflicted. We will also demand compensation for your physical pain. A personal injury attorney can review all the facts of your case and help you determine fair compensation for your damages.
There are many different kinds of personal injury lawsuits, compensation amounts can vary widely. Yet, most the forms of damages fall under the category of compensatory damages, which are intended to compensate victims for losses.
Economic damages might include:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses
- Loss of income and loss of future wages due to an inability to work
- Costs for rehabilitation and physical therapy
Non-economic damages might include:
- Physical pain and suffering caused by the trauma of the injuries.
- If the accident has left you with a permanent disability or disfigurement, you are entitled to compensation for the emotional injuries connected with these losses.
- In a death claim Texas law permits additional damages, including funeral and burial expenses. A personal injury attorney will examine all of the facts of your case and will advise you about the types of damages for which you may be eligible.